Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In the Home Study Home Stretch

I had my first interview with my social worker, we'll call her C., yesterday.  She's fantastic!  I felt totally comfortable talking to her, which is a good thing since you spill your guts in this process.  I have one more interview and home visit next Friday, and she has to talk to my references, and then it's all done except for her write-up.  She said everything should be finished within a month.

While the home study is finishing up, I'm working on my "book."  I need to figure out how to get my personality and ability to provide a loving home for a child across in print.  I've had a bit of a hard time finding photos of myself to use since I am notorious for hiding from the camera.  I'm considering photo-bombing my own travel photos with a photoshopped version of myself!   Maybe I'll "squirrelize" them - LOL!  If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out these links:  http://www.lutralutra.co.uk/  and  http://www.urlesque.com/2009/08/10/squirrel-photobomber-steals-the-scene/.  So funny!!!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. that squirrel is hilarious! I think you should totally do it hahahaha. Good luck with everything!

    Cece

    ReplyDelete